The East Brook Blast - December 5, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Hogwart’s Holiday Book Faire – This week, PTO Book Fair chairperson, Carrie Rauschenberger has transformed East Brook into Hogwart’s School of Wizardry. Please visit the PTO webpage for more information and be sure to send in money this week. Our evening event will take place next Wednesday, December 5th – from 3:30-6pm.
Here are some of the highlights planned for that evening!
- East Brook Spirit Wear Sale
- Gift Wrapping Station
- Photo Booth
- Prize Raffle
- Movie Time - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Holiday Concert Information – Next Tuesday night, December 11th, the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders will perform for a packed house at East Brook. This performance will begin with Mrs. Garcia’s band at 7pm sharp and conclude with Mr. Ostrow’s chorus. After watching a few rehearsals, I promise this will be a special night! Please see the attached notice for Dress Code information. All students should arrive at EB at 6:30pm. Doors will open at that time as well.
- 2nd Grade Field Trip Revision – Please note that the 2nd grade field trip date has been changed from May 10th to May 3rd. Please update your personal/family calendars.
- Mrs. Omland’s Wish list – As I mentioned last week, Mrs. Omland lost many of her belongings due to water damage. She has created a Scholastic Wish list to help replenish her book collection. Thank you to the PTO for helping to assist with this effort! Please contribute by following these directions.
To access the Teacher Wish Lists:
- Visit our Scholastic Online Shopping Page
- Scroll until you see Shop Online, and click Shop Now
- Scroll down to the middle of the page to find the "Teacher Wish List" section, and click View Wish List
- Click on the button for Teacher Wish Lists
To access Mrs. Omland's Wish List, follow the instructions above. Then:
- Click on 2nd Grade
- Click on Dana Omland
- Veteran’s Giveback – Please be sure to send in items for the Veterans. The collection will take place this Friday, December 7th.
- Cardboard Collection for Media Center – Mrs. Rubenstein is asking for extra cardboard for Cardboard Carpentry unit in January. Sounds fun! Please begin sending in:
I think the time is right to collect cardboard boxes for a cardboard carpentry unit in January.
We can use:
- Amazon (or similar) shipping boxes
- Cardboard sleeves from seltzer or soda cans
- Paper towel and wrapping paper rolls
- Empty Keurig boxes (the ones shaped like cubes)
- Clothing gift boxes
- Shoe boxes
Please send any of the above in during the week of December 17th! Thank you!
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School