The East Brook Blast - November 21, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Wishing your family a Happy Thanksgiving!
Career Day will be approaching quicker than we know it! For those parents who are new to the school, our Career Day is a special way for parents and/or family members to come into the school and present about their occupations.
The time commitment will be minimal, and the rewards immeasurable!
If you are interested in being a presenter, please send your name, career and email address to Tara Nelsen-DeFalco at email@example.com by Friday, November 30th.
- Homework Free Week – Our next homework free week begins Monday! I’m sure this will make for an awesome week of after school play dates and outdoor exercise!
- December Calendar – Please view the attached December calendar for updates about our school activities. We have several awesome events coming in including the 6th grade Veteran’s Day Giveback, Hogwart’s Book Faire, and the Holiday Concert. The Dress Code information is listed below under East Brook Notices within the Vocal Music Flyer. December 21st will be a 1pm dismissal day. December 2018 Calendar
- Class Party Treat Clarification – Working with Nurse Trimper, I am trying to set up some guidelines for creating the safest possible environment for food entering the school during class parties. Please understand that any changes would not take effect until the 2019-2020 school year and would be published and discussed prior. We do ask that any homemade treats include an ingredient list for classrooms that are considered “safe” or “nut free.” Class parents have been awesome managing this. If you have any input, you can always reach out to me or Nurse Trimper with ideas and suggestions.
- Nicholas Market’s Lettuce Recall Information – Please see below announcement regarding the romaine lettuce recall that was made public yesterday by the CDC.
"I wanted to touch base with everyone regarding this issue, as certain school lunch menu items contain romaine lettuce. The good news, is that this week we have been operating on a limited holiday menu, which only includes chicken fingers and mac and cheese, so NO romaine lettuce has been served this week.
In addition, all of our Nicholas Markets kitchen employees have been made are aware of this recall and have been instructed to substitute fresh ice burg lettuce in any of the lunch meals containing romaine lettuce. A notice has been posted to our school lunch website to notify parents directly."
- Ladies’ Night Out Basket Collection – Please begin gathering your baskets for LNO. There will be a container in the main lobby shortly.
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School