The East Brook Blast - October 31, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Happy Halloween! Congratulations to our PTO Monster Mash Chairs Dena Fasola and Andrea Jobst for throwing another epic party on Friday Night!
Today, author Sarah Mlynowski visited East Brook and gave an awesome presentation to all students. She mentioned to me on her way out that we were the best behaved and most informed group she’s ever presented too! I was so proud to hear that and told the students and teachers they should be proud too! Our presenter last week mentioned something very similar. Structured and fun is the way we run things here! Thank you for your continued support as we continue to hold students to high standards!
Thank you to Teresa Greenberg and Janja Bussanich for coordinating this assembly.
Remember that you can drop off extra Candy in the main lobby as part of our PTO Candy Giveback organized by Denise Clifford!
- Calendar Reminders – Please see the November calendar attached to the Blast. It indicated that school will not be in session next Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- No-Shave November – Calling all parents! If you would like to participate in No-Shave November, please send $5 (cash) into East Brook with your child. Please follow this link to obtain more information about this cause. https://no-shave.org/
- You do not need to participate for the entire month – it’s understood certain employers have grooming expectations.
- $5 is a minimum donation. You can send more if you’d like. Only cash is accepted.
- For fun, you may post photos on Twitter. Please tweet @eastbrookowls
- I will be participating – pardon my appearance the next few weeks!
- National Education Week – Parent Visitation Day – Please be advised that Parent Visitation Day is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14th. This year all parents will have the opportunity to visit the classroom and the special area (gym, art, etc). The times are as follows:
- Kindergarten – 12:45 - 1:45pm
- 1st Grade – 1:30 - 2:30pm
- 2nd Grade – 12:45 - 1:45pm
- 3rd Grade – 10:15 - 11:15am
- 4th Grade – 9:00 – 10:00am
- 5th Grade – 9:30 - 10:30am
- 6th Grade - 9:00 – 10:00am
- Early Pickup – If you are picking up your child around or after 3:00pm, please notify the main office in addition to the homeroom teacher. Our teaching staff does not always check their e-mails at the end of the day and we like to have the child prepared to go home when you arrive. Thank you!
- Seasonal Illness – During this time of the year, when colds, viral illnesses and the flu are becoming more prevalent, it is important that you keep your child at home to fully recover if he or she falls under the following criteria:
- having a temperature of over 100 before coming to school
- having a temperature of over 100 less then 24 hours before coming to school
- vomiting prior to coming to school due to illness
- diarrhea prior to coming to school due to illness
- a rash with or without a fever over 100
- a red, irritated eye with crusting or drainage
- cold hygiene that cannot be self-managed (by covering coughs and sneezes)
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School