The East Brook Blast - October 24, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Today Hagermania visited East Brook for our first school-wide assembly. Using extreme science teaching techniques, Mr. Hagerman demonstrated some amazing concepts.
Here are some of the learning experiences:
- Mr. Stokes’ Webinar Tonight *Time Change* - Sorry for the late notice, but due to a personal obligation, the webinar time will be changed from 8pm to 7pm. If you cannot make it due to the time change, please understand I will record it and post it to next week’s blast. Topics will include curriculum maps, alternative ideas for birthdays, snacks, Halloween Parade, Life Skills, Media Center Progress, Math League, Cardboard Club, Family STEAM Night, 6th grade Activity Overview,
Please follow the directions below to join.
Topic: Mr. Stokes' Webinar
Time: Oct 24, 2018 8:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5093513299
Meeting ID: 509 351 3299
- Monster Mash Bracelets – Students who have pre-registered for the Monster Mash will receive a bracelet on Friday. The Monster Mash Team will secure each bracelet on every child’s wrist.
- Halloween LUNCH Notification – Sorry, this is not listed on the notice! Please be advised that the notice for Halloween is listed below. Please use the form attached to the bottom of the notice if your child is going home for lunch. Lunch begins at 11:30 and ends at 12:25. Regular afternoon dismissal procedures will be in effect. Students will reenter through the main doors and lineup outside their classrooms.
Parents attending the parade – Please be advised that adults are NOT permitted to wear masks of any type for safety reasons.
- District Calendar vs East Brook Calendar – East Brook has a slightly different schedule than what is reflected on the District Calendar. Although this may be confusing, it’s only the 1pm dismissal days that are different. Please follow the paper calendar that is sent home each month, and not the one from the district’s website. I would suggest posting it on your refrigerator or another location. The November calendar will be sent home next week.
- Homework Free Halloween Week – Our first “homework free” week begins Monday. Please understand that students should continue to read a book each night and study/prepare for any tests and quizzes.
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School