The East Brook Blast - October 17, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Congratulations East Brook! Together, we had a lot of Fun and Fitness last Friday (with a touch of color!)
At the end of the day tomorrow, 6th grade student Juliana Smith will present a video slideshow she created to the entire school. This will be accompanied by the prize drawings!
Thank you again to Janine, Lauren, and our MANY parent volunteers.
- Halloween Parade *Time Change* – Please see the attached Halloween Parade & Permission Slip. Listening to feedback from parents and teachers, I’ve decided to push the parade back to 2:45pm. This will reduce the amount of time parents are waiting on the sidewalk at the end of the day. If timing goes right, once the parade is over students will reenter the school, gather their belongings, and exit the building.
- Monster Mash - The dream team of Dena and Andrea are back at it again for this year’s Monster Mash on Friday, June 26th! Please understand this is drop off event for grades 1-6. Kindergarten parents are welcome to stay in the MPR or the Media Center. Register your child here! Buy your Monster Mash Admission now!
- GRADES K - 3: 5:30PM - 7:00PM
- GRADES 4 - 6: 7:30PM - 9:00PM
- Before School Morning Band Rehearsals – East Brook morning band rehearsals will begin tomorrow, Thursday October 18th – That will be Advanced Band.
East Brook Beginner Band will begin on Friday October 26th. (Mrs. Garcia will be away on the 19th) All rehearsals begin at 7:50 a.m. In reality it’s closer to 8:00 a.m. and end at 8:35. Each band has one rehearsal per week on the same day of the week.
Rehearsals will end after the December concert. They start up again at the end of February for the May concert.
*Kindergarten and 1st Grade students will line up by their classrooms and enter through the Main Doors whenever the band is performing.
- Mr. Stokes’ Webinar – Next Wednesday evening, I will host the Fall Webinar. Please follow the directions below to join. Various topics will be discussed.
Topic: Mr. Stokes' Webinar
Time: Oct 24, 2018 8:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5093513299
Meeting ID: 509 351 3299
- Lost & Found – The bin in the lobby will be emptied on Friday, October 19th. Please make sure you check the Lost & Found for any misplaced items!
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School