The East Brook Blast - October 10, 2018
The East Brook Blast
On October 12, 2018, all East Brook Elementary School students are encouraged to participate in our annual Fun & Fitness Walk-A-Thon. This event is a fantastic opportunity for our students to learn the benefits of wellness while earning money for their school. All donations will support the educational initiatives of the East Brook PTO! Please view the attached Fun & Fitness Day Flyer. Fun and Fitness
Important: This year, ALL students will have the opportunity to participate in the Color Paint Blast. Chairpersons Lauren Sbarbaro and Janine Ingala are preparing small cups with the paint powder for each child. The winners from each class will get to run with Mr. Stokes around the track (being painted too!) and then participate in a Grand Finale paint blast of Mr. Stokes.
If you do not want your child to participate in this activity, please send back the hard copy notice being sent home today. The ingredient list and video clips are available here. The paint removes easily in the wash as well. The committee chairpersons have even run tests on clothing and everything washed out well.
Info and Ingredient List: https://www.wholesalecolorpowder.com/faqs/
- Special Author Visit – Thanks to Mrs. Greenberg and Janja Bussanich, we have scheduled a BONUS author visit on October 31st (Halloween). Sarah Mylnowski, author of the New York Times best selling series Whatever After, will be speaking to all students about her career as an author. Typically author visits are expensive, but Sarah has agreed to come to East Brook for FREE! The PTO will be sending home order forms this week in case your child would like to purchase an autographed copy of one of her titles. Please view her website here: https://www.sarahm.com/
- Swift Read Test Tonight – Dr. Gamper will be testing our emergency message system, Swift Reach, tonight at 6pm. If you do not receive the test message, please contact Donna Sosa in the main office to verify that we have your correct phone number in our computer system.
- Absentee Hotline Magnets – You may have noticed that I have been passing out refrigerator magnets on the sidewalk after school. These magnets serve as a reminder of the proper protocol about how to call in an absence when your child is ill. We do have extra magnets, so if you would like to obtain one, please stop by the main office.
- Special Thank You – For the past 4 years, Alex McCreight has served as our unofficial school photographer. Besides having exceptional skill, I would like to thank her for her outstanding effort in taking hundreds of photos of ALL children at school events. Currently, we have a slideshow of last year’s Field Day playing in the main hallway.
Stacey Dellavolpe and I have been investigating the most effective way to organize school photos moving forward.
- Curriculum Maps – Our curriculum maps are currently being updated to reflect recent changes. I will send out a special link when our K-6 and special area maps are complete.
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School