The East Brook Blast - September 5, 2018
The East Brook Blast
September 5, 2018
Pull the plug on Fortnite, folks! We are BACK at East Brook! Nothing excites me more than the beginning of a new school year.
With the addition of our brand new Gaga Pit along with the renovated Media Center, I am enthused to see the children’s reactions tomorrow!
Saturday, September 8th, the East Brook PTO is hosting a Fun Family Picnic from 11am – 1:30pm. Bring your own food and drinks. Games will be provided – including the NEW Gaga Ball arena. Mr. Ostrow will be on hand to provide live music. Raffles and prizes – PRAA Free Registration & Ladies Night Out Tickets!
Our new staff has quickly adjusted to East Brook and I look forward to introducing you to them at Back To School Night next Thursday, September 13th. Please remember that all parents will visit their child’s classroom first. Next, we will meet in the multi-purpose room for the Principal’s presentation. Then you will an opportunity to meet additional teachers (in the event you have more than one child). There is a notice posted below.
- Ms. Elena Solis – 2nd Grade Teacher
- Ms. Nicole Trimper – School Nurse
- Mrs. Tammy LaBruna – Speech Pathologist
- 6th Grade Parent Meeting - A very important 6th grade parent meeting will take place at 6:15pm on Thursday, September 13th in the East Brook Media Center. This will be PRIOR to Back to School Night. We will be discussing the activities planned for the 2018-19 school year. Attendance is highly recommended.
- First Day Dismissal Plan – If you are a parent of a 4th, 5th, or 6th grade student, please speak to them tonight about your dismissal point tomorrow at 3:20pm.
- Spirit Day!- This Friday is our first SPIRIT Day of the Year. What does that mean? Your child can come to East Brook decked out in maroon and/or Owls gear!
- PARCC Scores – Friday we will mail home PARCC scores. For those who did not participate in the test, you may receive a sample school sheet. If you have any questions regarding the information sent home, please e-mail me.
- September Calendar and School Picture Day –Under East Brook Notices, please see the attached calendar and picture day schedule (September 14th) indicating when your child is having their photo taken. Please note that we made every effort to schedule photos before gym class and recess. For students getting their photo taken after lunch, we will be holding all students in for recess unless I receive the attached permission slip.
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School