The East Brook Blast - September 19, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Congratulations East Brook! Today we raised $1,368 during our Day of Gold! All proceeds go to support pediatric cancer through Josephine Gardens. Thank you to Lauren Capilli for organizing this great fundraiser!
Thank you for your participation at East Brook’s Back to School Night last Thursday night. I enjoyed seeing familiar faces along with new ones! I forgot to mention the positive impact Twitter has made the past few years. With 409 followers, this social media platform gives followers an “inside look” at what happens during a school day. The school’s Twitter handle is @eastbrookowls and many of our teachers have joined and tweet regularly.
Fun Fact: The boys featured in the photo this week has been an annual tradition since 2015. Evan always reminds me to take the photo!
- Fun & Fitness Day – On October 12, 2018, all East Brook Elementary School students are encouraged to participate in our annual PTO Fun & Fitness Walk-A-Thon. This event is a fantastic opportunity for our students to learn the benefits of wellness while earning money for their school. All donations will support the educational initiatives of the East Brook PTO! Please view the attached Fun & Fitness Day Flyer. Fun and Fitness
- Mr. Stokes’ Webinars– Mark your calendars! Dates are listed below. I will send out more information about how to join/access the webinar the week prior (via Zoom). Stay tuned!
- Fall Webinar - Wednesday, October 24, 8pm
- Winter Webinar - Tuesday, February 12, 8pm
- Spring Webinar - Monday, May 13, 8pm
- Milk Orders Complete – We began distribution of milk today. All went well, but we will not be accepting any additional orders our distribution cycle (January 2019).
- Calendar Reminder –School is closed tomorrow for Yom Kippur. Please make sure to check the school calendar and district calendar for upcoming closures.
- Join the PTO – Please make sure you join the PTO! Please follow this link -https://eastbrookpto.membershiptoolkit.com/
For more information about joining! The first PTO meeting is next Monday night at 7:15pm.
East Brook Notices:
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School