The East Brook Blast - April 18, 2018
The East Brook Blast
Today, Board of Education members Mr. Joseph Bruno and Mr. Daniel Browne joined our teaching staff for the day! Mr. Bruno was the guest teacher in Mrs. McKenna’s kindergarten class, while Mr. Browne taught 4th grade in Mrs. Zeuner’s homeroom! It looked like they both had an exciting day!
In case you did not read the Board of Education minutes, our beloved 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Baglino has announced her retirement. We’d like to thank her for her years of service and dedication to East Brook. We will miss her!
- Spring Concert Information & Dress Code – Mr. Ostrow has composed (no pun intended) an informative notice concerning the Spring Concert (Friday, April 27th). Please be sure to review this! East Brook Spring Concert Information and Schedule. Doors will open at 8:30am for all parents. Please make sure to park on the street. (scroll to the 2nd page for parent information)
- 5TH Grade Play – On April 19th, the 5th grade will perform their annual school play. The times of the show for 5th grade parents are 1:00 and 2:15. You may pick either show to attend. Grandparents and relatives are welcome!
- East Brook Reading Challenge – On Monday, forms were sent home for students to fill out each night. At the end of the week (Sunday), students will cut off the appropriate section and submit to the main office each Monday morning. The goal is for East Brook students to work together to reach 100,000 minutes!!
- PARCC Practice Date – On Thursday, May 3rd, East Brook students in grades 3-6 will participate in a PARCC practice. This score will not count, but it will help student familiarize themselves with the standardized test and the digital tools.
- Student Form Update – The main office has collected 79% of all students (243/308). The deadline is approaching, so please make sure you complete the back to school forms ASAP! The first class that brings in 100% of the forms will win a pizza party. This was a big success last year. The Milk Form is also attached in the packet. Those in need of help filling out the packet, Mrs. Sosa will assist on April 19th & April 20th from 9am-10am in the EB Library.
East Brook Notices:
Rockland Boulders Please help support our special needs community by joining us for this very special fundraiser. A great family night at a Rockland Boulder's baseball game. Your ticket includes a free baseball hat, lots of give aways and fireworks. Saturday, May 19th. We did this last year and it was a huge success! Please hit the link below to buy your tickets https://www.eventbrite.com/e/park-ridge-peak-night-at-the-rockland-boulders-tickets-44370489328?aff=es2
Kevin Stokes, Principal
East Brook Elementary School