DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools around the globe. The program enhances the preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, apply learning in the context of business, connect to business and the community, and promote competition. DECA members leverage their experiences to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible, and therefore experienced leaders.
With nearly a 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals since it was founded in 1946. The strong connection with the organization has resonated into a brand that people identify as a remarkable experience in the preparation of emerging leaders and entrepreneurs.
DECA’s Comprehensive Learning Program in the Classroom:
- An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies Learning - DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to Business - Partnerships with businesses at local and broader levels provide DECA members realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
- Promotes Competition - As in the global economy, a spark of competition drives DECA members to excel and improve their performance.
DECA prepares the next generation to be:
- Academically Prepared - DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented - Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible - DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders- DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building and project implementation.
Annual Competitive Events:
- Regional Conference: Compete against students only from across northern New Jersey.
- State Career and Development Conference: Compete against qualified students from across the entire state of New Jersey.
- International Career and Development Conference: Compete against qualified students from across the entire country and globe.