Title I Coordinator - Dr. Cathy Timpone TITLE I, Part A
Title I A - Improving the Academic Achievement of Students
Title I, Part A is a federal program which supports public education by allocating funding to school districts. The main objective of Title I, Part A is to ensure that all children reach challenging academic content standards, particularly in reading and math. The program provides supplemental resources to schools and students who have furthest to go in achieving these standards. These resources include additional teachers funded through Title I.
Title I has several requirements regulating how funding in utilized by school districts. Such requirements include:
- Increasing parent involvement in their child’s education
- Providing supplemental education services (tutoring) for students who are not meeting standards.
- Requiring schools to hire highly qualified teachers.
- Parent Involvement Policy
- East Brook School-Parent Compact
- Annual Title I Parent Meet Flyering Flyer
- Agenda Annual Title I Parent Meeting
- What Parents and Caregivers Can Ask and Do to Help Children Thrive at School
- General Homework Tips
- General Homework Tips in Spanish
- Presentation - October 1, 2018